The Compilers Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Compilers Forum

A forum dedicated to the art of compilations, themes and random stuff linked with the-compilers.com

Latest topics

» fuzzy interstella suspense a.k.a. the wig out. part 1.
by harry_lime 14.04.10 2:51

» Three To Tango-A-Go-Go
by harry_lime 12.04.10 3:01

» How to convert music to your ipod with itunes?
by aperecorder 11.04.10 13:21

» What music should I use for my Macbeth presentation?
by harry_lime 10.04.10 4:18

» I've Got You Covered
by harry_lime 01.02.10 4:04

Keywords

Affiliates

free forum

Top posting users this week

No user

3 posters

Songs from the Grooverlicious Funky Cool Defenders

harry_lime
    harry_lime
    The Compilers Forum
    The Compilers Forum

Songs from the Grooverlicious Funky Cool Defenders Empty Songs from the Grooverlicious Funky Cool Defenders

Post  harry_lime 23.09.09 9:04

Songs from the Grooverlicious Funky Cool Defenders
    Open player in a new window here if you wish to listen and continue browsing

Ok, this is not by any means a definitive collection but more of a mood thing and a bunch of numbers that follow my drift, if you know what i mean. Allow me to stick my afro on afro and let's get started ! Cool

Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music Right
    One of the great one hit wonders of all time.
    I never heard of them before and i've never heard of them since - but if this ain't funky, then i don't know what is (...how very lyrical).

Dee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart
    One of those songs you've heard a million times but somehow never gets boring, a sure fire dance room fiiler. Plus one of the best and coolest videos ever made which never ceases to make me smile. Dig those fashion gurus man!

Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
    Just listen to the guitar at the start and you're instantly hooked - a great big funky groove, cool vocals from the master blaster and a solid tune wrapped in to any DJ's delight. The Red Hot Chilli Peppers had the good sense to make a cover without messing too much with the dynamics and made a fine job of it in the process.

Beck - Mixed Bizness
    Talking of cool, who would have thought that a man whose first hit was called Loser (lyric quote - "I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me")" could turn into this funky hipster. The fact that something this groovy could come out of a thin, white, indie guru is enough to give us all hope.

Prince - Sexy M F
    I saw Prince live around this time and i'll tell you, there was no one funkier on the planet that could match him for sheer virtuosity, energy and some amazing songs. This one may not be his best but it feels great on the dancefloor.

James Brown - Cold Sweat
    Couldn't leave out the king of funk himself. Not one of his most well known and perhaps more laid back than some of his others but this has always been one of my favourites. Not least because of his extrodinary vocals at the very end of the song as he screams higher and higher to almost glass shattering levels. Trust me, most men would need their balls squeezed tightly to hit those peaks !!!

Funkadelic - One Nation Under A Groove
    Led by George Clinton, the godfather of P-Funk, this classic set the tone for a whole new breed of groove styled numbers and pointed towards to upcoming disco trend. Ambitious, far out, elegant even - and seminal to the max.

David Bowie - Golden Years
    Bowie would never make a more instantly grooverlicious number than this and what a gem it is. Everything from the funked up guitar down to the usual classic vocal stylings ooze class and present a man at the peak of his powers.

G Love & The Special Sauce - Shooting Hoops
    Yup, it's about basketball ....yup, it's by a bunch of white guys ...yup, you've probably never heard of them ....but damn, is this groovy or what. I'd mention how good the album is but it appears to have gone missing from my collection. Shocked

Spanky Wilson - Sunshine Of Your Love
    Probably one of the funkiest and coolest covers you're ever going to hear of a classic number. There's not a great deal of press on Spanky (what a name) and it's more the pity if this was her thang. Stick it on at a party and watch what happens - a sure fire way to win a whole lot of friends.

Selected Videos

Last edited by harry_lime on 09.01.10 6:13; edited 5 times in total
    the compiler one
    the compiler one
    Forum Hotshot
    Forum Hotshot

Songs from the Grooverlicious Funky Cool Defenders Empty Re: Songs from the Grooverlicious Funky Cool Defenders

Post  the compiler one 28.09.09 8:12

cool, cool, cool ! What a Face
    lola10036
    lola10036
    Group Member
    Group Member

Songs from the Grooverlicious Funky Cool Defenders Empty Re: Songs from the Grooverlicious Funky Cool Defenders

Post  lola10036 10.10.09 3:40

Yaaay affraid Cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.05.24 15:01