The Compilers Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Compilers Forum

A forum dedicated to the art of compilations, themes and random stuff linked with the-compilers.com

Latest topics

» fuzzy interstella suspense a.k.a. the wig out. part 1.
by harry_lime 14.04.10 2:51

» Three To Tango-A-Go-Go
by harry_lime 12.04.10 3:01

» How to convert music to your ipod with itunes?
by aperecorder 11.04.10 13:21

» What music should I use for my Macbeth presentation?
by harry_lime 10.04.10 4:18

» I've Got You Covered
by harry_lime 01.02.10 4:04

Keywords

Affiliates

free forum

Top posting users this week

No user

2 posters

Three To Tango-A-Go-Go

harry_lime
    harry_lime
    The Compilers Forum
    The Compilers Forum

Three To Tango-A-Go-Go Empty Three To Tango-A-Go-Go

Post  harry_lime 05.04.10 5:05

Three To Tango-A-Go-Go
    Open player in a new window here if you wish to listen and continue browsing

I haven't had so much time for compiling lately but that doesn't mean that i haven't been listening to some great tunes (in my opinion of course) anyway. Thumbs Up What i'm going to do hear is list 3 songs that are currently getting played a lot and i'll be changing this periodically to reflect whatever is getting favoured on my jukebox (ok, cd player then! Rolling Eyes) in the coming months.

These songs are in no particular order, style or preference. Just random selections that are taking my fancy from time to time. No doubt some of the tracks featured here will end up in a compilation eventually ...but i'd like to share them with you now.

Last edited by harry_lime on 30.07.10 2:33; edited 12 times in total
    harry_lime
    harry_lime
    The Compilers Forum
    The Compilers Forum

Three To Tango-A-Go-Go Empty Re: Three To Tango-A-Go-Go

Post  harry_lime 05.04.10 5:27

Them Crooked Vultures - Scumbag Blues
    Them Crooked Vultures is one of my favourite rock album of the last few years and this is one of the very best tracks (it was this or "Gunman"). A modern super-group with a foot in the past thanks to Led Zep's John Paul Jones. But trust me, there is nothing jaded about this stuff. Psychadelic grooves and melody with a hard modern edge and i love the sparseness of the sound. Check out the dirty little keyboard riff that pops in from time to time ...nice.

Midlake - Chasing After Deer
    Once again, thanks to ApeRecorder for this one. He introduced me to Midlake with the mighty "Roscoe". I have recently given their album "The Trials Of Van Occupanther" a thorough going over and it's great. This track is another excellent example of their Neil Young tinged style with beautiful serene harmonies and melodies.

The Supremes - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
    A bit of fun this one. I was listening to some old motown songs the other day while i was working. This one came on and stopped me in my tracks about 2 minutes in. Let me explain; the spoken verse is about as cheesy as you can get but then Diana Ross sings "Ain't No mountain High Enough" for the first time punctuated by blasts from the orchestra and a shiver went through my spine. The song then launches into a glorious Spectre wall of sound and just when you think they've peaked there's a marvelously audacious key change to send things right over the top ....bliss, absolute bliss.
    aperecorder
    aperecorder
    The Compilers Forum
    The Compilers Forum

Post  aperecorder 12.04.10 1:27

nice work as always mr. lime, really like that first track. a bit like queens of the stoneage, which can never be a bad thing. who are the members of the group?

and come on, three tracks aint enough mister, get busy Evil or Very Mad

hope all is groovy with you
    harry_lime
    harry_lime
    The Compilers Forum
    The Compilers Forum

Post  harry_lime 12.04.10 3:01

aperecorder wrote:nice work as always mr. lime, really like that first track. a bit like queens of the stoneage, which can never be a bad thing. who are the members of the group?

lead singer of queens of the stoneage (of course)
    dave grohl (foo fighters, nirvana & drummed on the best queens... album in my opinion)
    john paul jones (erhmmmm .....led zeppelin Cornut)

grab the whole album if you can, it's fab.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 08.05.24 15:34